Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nostalgia Is Lurking

This bedroom, cold curtains. Have I any reason to stay around? Nostalgia, is lurking. This heavy air keeps me down. Run away. You gave me no choice but to run away. -The Ethnographers


So two weird things happened today.

First, when I was rushing through my bowl of cinnamon toast crunch this morning I had a flashback to being at my kitchen table eating a similar bowl of cereal before running off to middle school. It was strange. The second thing, and this isn't uncommon for me but it hasn't happened in awhile... wait first the back story- When I had the ring you gave me on my hand, my thumb and pinky would always reach over to it and twirl it around. The ring isn't there anymore but my fingers still reached over to the empty spot and tried to twirl it around. It was as if my mind needed to remind me that there was something missing. Well mind, I have something to tell you- I haven't forgotten and I haven't stopped noticing. So could you please stop rubbing it in my face?

Thanks. Sincerely,
Beautifully Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment